Some hands-on chocolate and pastry classes are on the menu this spring at Un Dimanche à Paris.
Pierre Cluizel‘s chocolate “concept store,” located in the historic Cour du Commerce Saint-André (6th arr.), is a one-stop chocolate shop that features a boutique, chocolate bar, restaurant, “salon de chocolat,” chocolate lounge as well as a large kitchen for workshops and other events.
The chocolate and pastry classes guide participants through the preparation of an entire recipe from scratch.
Below are sessions planned for March and April 2014. Chocolatier Pierre Cluizel will lead the chocolate tasting workshops.
- March 11, 2014: Pâtisserie workshop: Choux pommes-caramel (pâte à choux technique).
- March 18, 2014: Chocolate tasting workshop (with wine pairings). An introduction to chocolate tasting principles. Workshop led by Pierre Cluizel.
- March 26, 2014: Chocolate workshop: learn how to make orangettes (chocolate-covered candied orange peel), chocolate-dipped bonbons, mendiants and chocolate lollipops.
- April 2, 2014: Chocolate tasting workshop (with wine pairings). An introduction to tasting principles. Workshop led by Pierre Cluizel.
- April 8, 2014: Pâtisserie workshop: Chocolate and coffee eclairs
Pastry and chocolate-making classes are held from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.; chocolate-tasting sessions take place from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Limit of 12 participants per class.
For more information, pricing and space availability, contact Un Dimanche à Paris at +33 (0)1 56 81 18 18.
Un Dimanche à Paris, 4-6-8 Cour du Commerce Saint-André, 75006 Paris
Copyright © www.chocoparis.com. All Rights Reserved.
Photo © Un Dimanche à Paris